Translator Dictionaries + for iPhone, iPad, iPod
Interested in beta testing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Numerous new verb tenses including Infinitive, Imperative, Gerund and Participle.
- Tens of thousands of additional verb forms.
- Hundreds on new verbs to conjugator for most languages.
- Thousands of new dictionary entries.
- Voice Translate improvements for microphone behavior.
- Photo Translate enhancements and fixes.
- Numerous improvements to Translator history layout.
- More completed translations displayed per screen.
- Expand / Collapse for multi-line phrases and translations.
- Copy / Paste into longer texts into Translator.
- Several improvements to iPad layout including tab icons display.
- iPad enhancements to Translator, Dictionary and Verb Conjugator.
- Fixed Dictionary lookup issue causing words with capitalized equivalents such as house / House to skip past the lowercase occurrence.
- Major rewrite of Translator User Guide. Tap More > Help in app.
- Fixed Phrasebook Back arrow bug.
- Improved in-app localizations.
- Added Meet our Team links in app.
If you have any issues with this update, please email email@example.com
If you like free updates, please rate Vidalingua Translators & Dictionaries 5-Stars in the App Store 😀
- Offline translation. Now you don’t need internet access to translate phrases!
- Voice Translate. Tap on microphone. Say a phrase. Vidalingua does the rest.
- Improvements to Translate user interface. Tap any phrase to Copy, Translate or Share.
- Camera Translate. Take a picture. Crop it to where the text appears. Tap Go to translate.
- Fixed bug causing Flashcards to hang if user selects Only Favorites, then switches language direction.
- Improvements to iPad startup flow.
- Enhancements for iOS 14.
- Improved App Icon.
- Fixed issue that caused crash when some users subscribed to Vidalingua Plus.
- Fixed Dictionary issue which caused Conjugate link to appear disabled, requiring users to tap lightly to work.
- Fixed issue which prohibited users from restoring purchase on multiple devices.
- Added Restore Purchase progress indicator to verify link has been tapped.
- Fixed issue causing Translator words to appear twice in the lookup list.
- Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionaries including regional dialects, slang and idioms.
- Added thousands of verb infinities to conjugator.
- Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
- Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
- Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
- Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Find all 3 and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free year of Vidalingua Plus.
- Fixed issue causing headword details screen to freeze after tapping examples to hear pronunciation.
- Improved Launch Image and Vidalingua Plus screen.
- Implemented enhancements to Apple Watch version.
- Reduced ads in freemium version by 20%.
- Added 6,679 headwords to the Dictionaries.
- Added 11,721 examples to the Dictionaries.
- Added numerous restaurant menu items to French Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Released Japanese Translator + and Japanese Dictionary + for iPhone and iPad.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Fixed pronunciation of certain French verb conjugations.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
- Added 17,047 headwords the dictionaires.
- Implemented speech recognition dictionary lookups. Tap microphone icons in search bar.
- Fixed pronunciation so text-to-speech works on all devices and fixed default speed.
- Added slider to configure pronunciation speed.
- Added South African and Irish accents to pronunciation voice in addition to US, UK and Australian.
- Added hundreds of noun plurals to German, French and Spanish dictionaries.
- Implemented iWatch app to lookup words using speech recognition.
- Added online lookup for all versions of dictionary in online sources such as Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other 3rd party dictionaries.
- Implemented dictionary favorites.
- Added Flashcards to practice vocabulary.
- Fixed problems with French reflective verb conjugations.
- Added Nominal and Imperative verb tenses to French verb conjugations.
- Implemented support for 3D Touch. Force touch app icon to navigate directly to phrasebook, verb conjugations, translator, etc.
- Doubled number of entries in freemium versions of Spanish and Italian dictionaries. Five times as many entries included in paid versions.
- Added thousands of entries to dictionary including complete sentences in addition to compound forms.
- Included contemporary words like "selfie", "fracking" and "hashtag" that you won't find in other apps.
- Improved online image availability. Tap image icon that appear for numerous dictionary entries to see image.
- Integrated phrasebook with dictionary so phrases appear in the Examples sections of dictionary (premium versions).
- Completely localized user interface for non-English languages.
- Implemented alert if user taps word to hear pronunciation and speaker is turned off.
- Improved display of multi-line phrases added to My Phrases category of Phrasebook.
- Improved Suggest Improvement link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Launched Portuguese Dictionary & Translator.
- Added Translator to Portuguese and German dictionaries with ability to star and save to My Phrases. Translator is an experimental feature that we are considering adding to all dictionaries.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements.
- Added images to dictionary. If online image is available, an icon will appear at bottom of screen. Tap icon to display image (requires wifi).
- Implemented offline pronunciation in addition to higher quality online TTS when available.
- Added Voice Setting for pronunciation with US, UK, Australian, Mexican (Spanish) or Canadian (French) accent. Tap speaker icon.
- Implemented Voice Setting to choose pronunciation speed (Slower, Normal, Faster).
- Improved voice management so voices are audible even if the ringer is turned off.
- Added thousands of dictionary entries.
- Implemented Suggest Improvement link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Improved lookup in online dictionaries and Wikipedia (paid versions). Tap globe icon in search field which appears if word is not found.
- Improved typography for fonts and letter effects in iOS7.
- Added subtle paper texture as background for dictionary pages.
- Extended pronunciation to tenses, verb forms and words in translation entries.
- Added Translate button to verb conjugation screen.
- Enhanced support for iPad including split screen layout and online lookup (paid version).
- Improved flags icons, app icons, launch images and phrasebook category icons.
- Added part of speech to headwords in dictionary lookup list.
- Enhanced user interface by moving dictionary attachments (notes, images, audio clips) to single menu. Tap paperclip icon at top of screen.
- Improved dictionary page layout on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Added to share dictionary entries to Facebook.
- Fixed issue with iPad landscape mode.
- Fixed pronunciation issue which caused voice to turn off on iPad 2.
- Disabled autocorrect in search field.
- Fixed contraction issues for French verbs.
- Added support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
- Improved dictionary usage examples which appear on keyword screen in addition to lookup list.
- Added reverse lookup for usage examples on dictionary keyword screen.
- Implemented online lookup for words not found in dictionary (paid version). An icon will appear in the search bar if the word you enter is not found in the
local dictionary. Tapping icon will open several online dictionaries. Switch between online dictionaries using tabs along top of screen.
- Added alert if Wi-Fi is not available for online lookup to warn user of possible carrier data charges. Turn alert on or off in More > Settings > Confirm Online Lookup (paid version).
- Improved usability of My Phrases section of phrase book. Tap the plus icon ("+") to add a phrase. Tap the arrow ">" to edit a phrase. Swipe from right to left
to delete a phrase.
- Added arrows to right side of dictionary lookup list to open keyword screen.
- Implemented info alert in search bar if word not found in free version but available in paid version.
- Improved phrase book by allowing user to tap on phrase in addition to flag icon to hear pronunciation.
- Improved icons in dictionary keyword toolbar.
- Fixed issue of repeating words in vocabulary quiz.
- Fixed problem of selecting last item in list when ads appear (free version).
- Added text-to-speech audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires internet).
- Implemented single search so user does not have to choose language to lookup a dictionary word.
- Added flag icons to dictionary to distinguish language of word.
- Implemented reverse lookup so user can tap on any word in dictionary definitions to display the translation.
- Integrated translations and conjugations so user can easily switch back and forth with one tap.
- Increased size of phrasebook to include eighteen categories and over 400 phrases.
- Added verb forms to dictionary.
- Improved vocabulary quiz.
- Added Help menu option which opens online user manual.
- Implemented numerous usability improvements including defaulting to screen keyboard for lookups, better iPad screen layout, larger quiz font size, high-resolution tab icons, fixed tab menu issue.
- Added conjugations for over 6,000 verbs including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive, Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
- Enhanced conjugation screen interface on iPhone with tense picker scroll wheel.
- Implemented History button to browse through previous lookups.
- Added Clear button to erase lookup history.
- Enhanced word roll view to include abridged translations. Tap to display full translations.
- Added ability to email translation.
- Enhanced support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 and above which can be useful for cutting & pasting translations into emails or other applications.
- Improved support for iPad landscape mode on conjugation and translation screens.
- Implemented return to last lookup when quitting and restarting application.